Impetus-PEF makes a difference to the lives of young people in poverty in the UK by backing some of the best charities and social enterprises specialising in this area.
How do we find the organisations we invest in?
- We focus on organisations working to transform the lives and prospects of young people in the UK who come from disadvantaged backgrounds
- We draw on our 12 years’ experience, conduct ongoing research and tap into the latest evidence about what is needed to change the life opportunities of young people
- We work mainly through referrals from trusted individuals and organisations who are familiar with our partnership model; regrettably we do not accept unsolicited applications for funding.
What are we looking for?
- First and foremost, ambition. We work with charities and social enterprises that aspire to effect far-reaching change for the young people they help
- The prospect of sustainability
- A commitment to outcomes and to developing measurement and evaluation systems.
Once a potential charity has been identified, it will undergo a screening process to determine eligibility for the Impetus-PEF portfolio.
Over a period of several weeks or months after application, there may be a meeting with the management team, site visit and rigorous due diligence where we develop a deeper understanding of the charity and ensure that the charity understands and is comfortable with Impetus-PEF’s approach and process.
Read more about the package of support we offer to our charity and social enterprise partners.