What does Impetus-PEF do?
How do your programmes help young people from disadvantaged backgrounds?
Educational attainment: Helping young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to achieve essential qualifications or access higher education.
Sustained employment: Helping young people from disadvantaged background to develop the personal, functional and employability skills they need to find and keep jobs or training.
How many young people do your programmes support?
- 55,237 to attain the ‘golden five’ GCSEs or enter a high quality university
- 7,427 to prepare for work, find a job and keep it
What makes Impetus-PEF different from other charities focused on young people?
- Partner with the most promising charities and social enterprises that work with these young people
- Support our charity partners to develop high-impact services that produce clear and measurable life-changing outcomes for the young people they serve
- Make this happen through our unique combination of hands-on management support, world-class pro bono expertise, and strategic long-term funding.
How do you support your charities and social enterprise partners?
- Management support – our highly experienced investment team supports the organisation’s leaders and managers by developing their skills, helping them successfully deliver an impact-led strategy and working with them to overcome the challenges of growth;
- Pro bono expertise – we match the organisation with experts who donate their time and services in fundamental areas such as business planning, HR, finance, marketing and performance management;
- Funding – we provide significant, long-term, unrestricted funding, often in partnership with other funders, enabling the organisation to build its capacity to deliver high quality programmes.
We currently work in partnership with 17 charities and social enterprises. Since inception, Impetus-PEF and its predecessor organisations have supported over 60 organisations.
How do I volunteer for pro bono projects?
Last year, firms and individuals in our pro bono network donated 6,000 hours to 100 projects for our portfolio charities. Projects included: strategic and fundraising strategy; competitor analyses; legal and intellectual property audits; financial and performance management reviews; leadership coaching; and rebranding. Read more about Impetus-PEF pro bono experts.
Our pro bono experts typically have at least five years’ experience in their area of expertise. We welcome enquiries and applications from experienced individuals and companies. Please read more about applying.
How is Impetus-PEF funded?
Why should I give to Impetus-PEF, rather than giving direct to one of your charity partners?
You can give money and you can give expertise. Read more about giving to Impetus-PEF.
What are the tax benefits of giving to Impetus-PEF?
Who runs Impetus-PEF?
How long have you been going?
Impetus-PEF was formed in 2013, following the merger of Impetus Trust (founded in 2002) and the Private Equity Foundation (founded in 2006).
You practise ‘venture philanthropy’ – what does that mean?
At Impetus-PEF, we provide charities and social enterprises with a venture philanthropy package that augments funding with management support and pro bono expertise supplied by business professionals. Charities often tell us that it is this combination of all three elements – usually committed over several years – that helps to drive their performance and effectiveness over time.
Impetus-PEF is an active member of the European Venture Philanthropy Association (EVPA) – a network of European social investors, venture philanthropists and foundations committed to using VP and social investment tools to deliver social impact.
What are your conditions for PayPal payment for events?
- Payment flow and delivery policy – Once ticket payment has been made you are entitled to attend the ticketed event
- Refund / cancellation policy – If you would like a refund, this must be requested to the events team at least 3 weeks before the event. To request a refund please contact our events team to let them know your reason for cancellation on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Products/services and price list. Invitation only – ticket costs are detailed upon invitation
0203 474 1001
183 Eversholt Street, London, NW1 1BU